Unison Health is continuing to take action to provide the highest quality care while helping to do our part to stem the transmission of the COVID-19 virus.
At this time, we are modifying the delivery of services to improve safety for our clients and staff.Below is a list of programs and services offered at this time.
Please know that this information will be updated frequently so please check back often.
- Psychiatry: appointments by Telehealth offered. Office appointments are available.
- Individual Counseling: appointments by Telehealth offered. Office appointments are also available.
- ACT Team: still maintaining 24/7 coverage for existing clients.
- Case Management services: appointments by Telehealth offered. Office and community appointments are available.
- Wood County Crisis Line and Mobile Crisis Team in full operation.
- Substance Use Programs (treatment including Dual Diagnosis and AOD): appointments by Telehealth offered.
- SPERA (Day Treatment): Groups are suspended, therapists are offering individual (face to face) and Telehealth therapy.
- Residential Programs: in full operation, no changes to services.
- Sub-Acute Detox: standard operations, no changes in services.
- Medication Therapy (Substance Use): please attend appointments as arranged by your provider. If you are not sure about your next appointment please call 419 214-4673.If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call us at (419) 214-4673.
In an attempt to keep our clients and staff safe, we are offering TeleHealth appointments with Psychiatrists, Therapists, and Case Managers.
If you have a phone, computer, or other smart device, you can receive services from the comfort of your own home.
Contact Unison at 419-214-4673 and ask for a TeleHealth appointment with your Therapist, Doctor, or Case Manager.